Saturday, August 18, 2012

Week 1 recap

On Saturday August 11th I packed 2 suitcases with all of my clothes, kissed my wife and kids a temporary goodbye and headed down to the Hollywood hills to meet my new roommates. A week prior I found out that I was invited to participate in a documentary. Here's the pitch; I am housed with 3 other obese individuals and we are under the guidance of a physical trainer and nutritionist. I am still holding a full time job (my boss was gracious enough to let me transfer for the 4 months) the goal is to see how a willing person can gain results by being educated and applying healthy habits while maintaining the expectations of a normal lifestyle (work, school, etc.) The focus is 20% physical activity (an hour workout 5 days a week, and saturday group activity) and 80% nutrition. I will be able to see Laura and the kiddo's on Sundays.

House rules:
  • We rotate some basic chores,
  • maximum of 2 hours of TV a day,
  • reading a book and every wednesday we have a book club night.
  • in Bed by 10pm for 8hrs of sleep each night,
  • up at 6am Workout at 6:45am mon-friday,
  • group activity every Saturday.
Week 1 first impressions:
  • House; WOW! http://www.vrbo.com/413316
  • Roommates; Friendly, Loud, Courtious, Nervious (as well), Fun. Carolyn is a joyful, swwet soul, has a great laugh. MJ has already done a lot of living, very knowledgable and is eual parts of straight forward and charming. Shawn is filled with compassion and has lived the least out of us, Looking forward to getting to know all of them very well.
  • Workout; Tougher  than I expected out of the gate, energizing, Love the trainer, Constance! She has a great ear and is really investing herself into this project.
  • Nutritionist; Heather Fleming = Amazing! again, investing her heart and soul into us, meals have been so filling! She is trying to break our mindset of "eating healthy means starving yourself" I love every meal idea she has come up with, looking forward to sharing with Laura.

Obsticles or Negatives:
  • Monday, Wednesday, were filled with energy. Tuesday, Thursday were not.
  • very difficult staying away while at work. 
  • Having a hard time sleeping at night and very busy during the day.  
  • Wednesday I felt very hungry when I got off of work and we had a lot of business to tend to before getting to eat.
  • Missing my family tremendously, I get no signal in the house so it is frustration not being able to communicate with my wife.
  • Friday during our workout I pulled a hamstring, PTL is wasn't serious but it puts me behind and affects my momentum.
Positives:
  • weighned in at 372 on Monday Morning, 2 months ago I was 395!
  • enjoying the healthy food and the workouts.
  • get to talk with Laura for 10-15minutes everyday driving to and from work
  • Feeling all the prayers from home as I adapt to my new surroundings and lifestyle
  • Get to see my best friend and our babies tomorrow! (Sunday)

No comments: