Friday, August 24, 2012

week 2 recap Struggling...

It's Friday and as we are wrapping up the 2nd week I feel I've hit a small wall. Laura was able to come down and see the house yesterday. I got home from work and got through 1/2 of my cardio for the day then she arrived quickly changed into some workout gear and joined me for the 2nd half. We loved it. I felt so blessed to have her laughter so near me, to hear her catch me p on little things the kids were doing. We had dinner (vegetable soup) and worked on a puzzle with Carolyn while Shawn decide to chill in the other room. MJ came home with Peter and his dear friend Megan and brought some good noise to the house. Everything was great except poor Shawn who was obviously having a bad day was set on taking some alone time. Dinner was frustration, up until the night before it felt like we were on a vegetarian run. and along the soup was fitting, it just didn't satisfy.

Another big issue was my ego...Randy came to video our workout on Wednesday evening and although I didn't intend to , I overdid it for the camera and really set myself back a couple steps on the recovery of my hamstring/knee. now the knee feels very loose. Ugh!

Laura left around 9:30 and I couldn't get to sleep, my legs were jittery, just restless. it was very hard to submit to the alarm clock this morning and I'm sure Constance could tell I was struggling to give 100% in the workout this morning.

All in all, I'm feeling better, just need a good nap. Had a good talk with Shawn, my love is really growing for my roommates. 

This Sunday I get to see Laura as we celebrate 6 years of marriage together! Thank you Jesus!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Here is how my leg looks a week after I pulled my hamstring, got the outer shot on top and the inner shot below it. Pretty gnarly, huh?



No comments: